Clinical Excellence Our professional staff consists of certified physical, occupational and speech therapists. They are dedicated to applying innovative clinical pathways that ensure each patient receives the utmost in care, on a personalized level. With an emphasis on rehabilitation, our staff provides innovative treatment approaches to assist patients in returning to a normal lifestyle.
Our physical therapists develop comprehensive plans of care that may include:
- Exercises to restore motion, strength and a greater degree of independence
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Pain management
- Orthotic/prosthetic training
- Education and information specific to the injury or illness
Our occupational therapists focus on improving a patient’s ability to perform the activities of daily living (ADL). Treatment may include:
- Strengthening specific muscle groups to help restore fine and gross motor skills
- Comprehensive home evaluation and patient education
- Instruction in adaptive living techniques, joint protection, work simplification, energy conservation and motor coordination
Our speech-language pathologists offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment plans that may include:
- Improved functional communication skills and speech production
- Improved oral feeding and swallowing skills
- Improved memory and thinking or establishes compensatory strategies in these areas
St. William’s Outpatient Therapy offers free screens for student-athletes with orthopedic injuries! This service offers our community’s student-athletes and families access to:
- Experienced orthopedic rehabilitation services
- Recommendations for safe return to sport utilizing current, evidence-based practice
- Flexible hours to decrease time away from the classroom
Conveniently located locally in St. William’s Living Center. For any questions regarding this new service, you may call 218-338-1014.
If you don’t know if therapy will help, give us a call or ask your provider.
For More Information:
We welcome referrals from physicians, discharge planners, social workers, family members, and case managers. For more information, to request an on-site evaluation of your patient, or to arrange a tour of our facility, please contact us.
Therapy Department - 218-338-1014
Nursing Home - 218-338-4671