Adult Services provides face-to-face support in your own home or within the community to help you learn skills that will help you cope and manage your life better when you suffer from a mental illness.
Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) and Community Support Program (CSP)
Adult Services provides face-to-face support in your own home or within the community to help you learn skills that will help you cope and manage your life better when you suffer from a mental illness:
- Do you have difficulty managing your mental illness symptoms or do you ever need help when facing a crisis?
- Are you ever afraid you will have another relapse and be at risk of being psychiatrically hospitalized, or worry about how you will transition back into the community once you are discharged from psychiatric care?
- Do you have difficulty learning about the different community resources you may be eligible for, or need help working through difficulties faced when dealing with various agencies?
- Do you have difficulty communicating or socializing with others, such as friends or family?
- Do you struggle with budgeting, shopping or making healthy lifestyle skills and practices? Or do you need to learn skills with cooking and nutrition? Do you have difficulty managing your household? How are you taking care of your personal hygiene?
- Do you know the available local transportation resources?
- Do you know your medications and are taking them regularly?
- Do you have problems with employment or education?
- Do you have any medical or dental needs you need to attend to?
Who is Eligible for this program?
Those adults, 18 or older, who are residents in Otter Tail County, who meet criteria with a primary diagnosis of mental illness, and are having difficulty functioning in their daily lives. These services are generally funded through Minnesota Health Care Program insurances or the Community Support Program through Otter Tail County. Eligibility will be determined upon referral.
Referrals are directed to:
Claudia A. Liljegren, MSW, LICSW
P.O Box 30
Parkers Prairie, MN 56361
Phone: (218) 338-5945
FAX: (218) 206-9385